Vacancy: VBA Developer and Spreadsheet Wizard
Are you weirdly obsessed with spreadsheets? Do you want a flexible remote working arrangement that suits you?
If you regularly build crazy VBA tools that save you, your colleagues or clients lots of time, that anyone can use without specialist knowledge and without it breaking then you sound like our kind of developer!
The opportunity: Part-time VBA developer and spreadsheet consultant
We are currently looking for a UK-based VBA Developer to join our team.
- Flexible working hours – choose the times that suit you best, so long as there is some overlap throughout the week with regular working times.
- 100% remote – no in-person meetings or commute (unless you really want to!)
- Part time hours – contracted hours negotiable around 20hrs/wk
- £28k-£39k pro-rata – depending on experience (roughly £14.30 – £20/hr)
You’ll be involved in scoping projects and understanding the client needs, creating business tools, adding functionality to existing projects and supporting our web development team’s data requirements and quality assurance processes.
- confident with data preparation, modelling and prototyping
- testing your own work
- Google Sheets
- HTML, PHP
What it’s like day to day
- Sometimes we’re building charts, graphs and reporting templates.
- Other times we’re importing huge datasets from third party systems that we don’t have control over. That data can be messy and so exception management and reporting is key.
- Often we’re designing complex userforms to manage interlinked data tables within a user friendly interface. Think of it like a precursor to a database centric solution.
How we work
We’re 100% remote with staff around the country, so we use Slack, Jira and the rest to keep up-to-date with each other. We typically work Monday-Friday but we’re flexible provided there’s some guaranteed overlap for regular meetings, virtual cups of tea and a chat.
We gladly welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Remember you must be eligible to work in the UK. We do not accept applications from agencies, thanks.