Vacancy: VBA Developer and Spreadsheet Wizard
Are you weirdly obsessed with spreadsheets? Do you want a flexible remote working arrangement that suits you?
Do you regularly build complex automation tools using VBA that save you, your colleagues or clients lots of time? Do you build whizzy userforms; lightning fast reporting tools; mini databases? Can anyone use the tools you make without long written instructions, even if they don’t know much about Excel?
You might be who we’re looking for!
The opportunity: Part-time VBA developer and spreadsheet consultant
We are currently looking for a UK-based VBA Developer to join our team.
- Flexible working hours – choose the times that suit you best, so long as there is some overlap throughout the week with regular working times.
- 100% remote – no in-person meetings or commute (unless you really want to!)
- Part time hours – contracted hours negotiable around 15-18.75hrs/wk over 4-5 days
- £20-23/hr (£39k-£45k pro-rata) – depending on experience
- Employee Assistance Program including 24/7 Virtual GP and Mental Health Counselling
- Group Income Protection, Group Life Insurance
- 6.6wks annual holiday (including public)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Choice of additional benefits after successful probationary period
You’ll be involved in scoping projects and understanding the client needs, creating business tools, adding functionality to existing projects and supporting our web development team’s data requirements and quality assurance processes.
- competence developing applications with VBA
- ability to design systems that are cleanly laid out and simple for an end user
- confidence with data preparation, modelling and prototyping and testing your own work
- understanding of the importance of readable naming conventions, code commentary and clean modular code
- Google Sheets and related scripts
- HTML, PHP
What it’s like day to day
- Sometimes we’re building charts, graphs and reporting templates.
- Other times we’re importing huge datasets from third party systems that we don’t have control over. That data can be messy and so exception management and reporting is key.
- Often we’re designing complex userforms to manage interlinked data tables within a user friendly interface. Think of it like a precursor to a database centric solution.
How we work
We’re 100% remote with staff around the country, so we use Slack and Teams t to keep up-to-date with each other. We typically work Monday-Friday but we’re flexible provided there’s some guaranteed overlap for regular meetings, virtual cups of tea and a chat.
Check you meet the criteria and apply now
Next steps and things that might be of interest
Once you’ve completed the eligibility check and submitted your application, you should receive an acknowledgement by email.
It may take us a few days to process your application – one way or another you’ll get an email from us letting you know the outcome.
In case you missed it, you might be interested in finding out more about us and the kind of work we do: